Thursday, March 3, 2011

Finally :)

It finally happened!!!




 < before

              
 
        after >



Everyone warned me that my teeth were going to feel "slimy and huge" ....boy I couldn't wait!!
I got to the Orthodontist with tear filled eyes...literally...
In no time at all the brackets were off and my teeth felt suuuuuuper slimy...yet rough as a scuffed up sidewalk!
They smoothed off the glue, and my tongue was instantly addicted to its new best friends!
The first thing I wanted to do was FLOSS!! It used to take me a good 10 minutes to feed the floss between the wires and then repeat that process over and over.  I was amazed when I finished a good flossing in less than a minute!  Oh the simple joys in life!
The first glance at my new smile was a bit awkward
"I look just like my brother." 
I felt timidly-naked as I smiled in the mirror...It was a bitter-sweet feeling...(I can't tell which one is the bitter and which one was the sweet...timid and naked?? hahaha)
It was strange looking in the mirror...like I was spying on a strangers mouth...or at least my brothers...??
But soon it began to grow on me! At every stop light on the way home I had to check on them in the rear-view mirror...I don't know what I was looking for....just...checking them.
By the time I got home my smile was ear to ear and I couldn't hide my new smile even if I wanted to! 
My teeth were actually straight!! A sight I haven't seen in a very long time! 

What a neat experience to re-due a biggest regret (losing my retainer when I was 16 and never doing anything about it...) Never again!! I learned my lesson!!  This is my forever smile!!! ...And I am definitely ok with that! :)

1 comment:

  1. I say it was a little bit of a slap in the face when I saw ya... I am alright with that tho! :) Not every day when a best friend can shock you with a smile!

    ReplyDelete