Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Look Who's Back Again!

Where do I even begin?!?!

...........I'M HOOOOOOME!!!!

Wow....how do I make up for 21 months of not blogging!?  Which stories do I share first?!   Which pictures do I post?!  Should I start from the beginning, or start from where I am now and occasionally throw in a story from the past?  

It's kind of overwhelming....which is probably the reason why I have postponed this for the last 2 months that I have been home!  haha

Life is AMAZING.  I am HAPPY!! :)  

Coming home from my LDS mission (Osorno, Chile) was a lot harder than I truly had ever thought it would be.  I thought I would be the girl who would go home and just have her life in place!  I thought I would feel happy 24/7 and continue on living on the same spiritual high and excel in life.  Well....when I got home, my eyes were opened to my new reality.  Real life.  I had been so protected from all of the worldliness of the world for the past 18 months, and lived in peace and purity.  

The first week I was home my mom and sisters took me on a girls trip to the Shakespearean Festival to see Les Miserable.  
I was so excited!!  But as I sat in that dark theater, I was exposed to crude dancing, immodest dresses, and profane lyrics.....I was SO UNCOMFORTABLE.  I just started to BAWL!!  hahaha I didn't know what to do!!!  I closed my eyes and just started to pray.  I thanked my Father in Heaven for His love and for showing me what it was like to live A PART from the world. 

I felt out of place being home.  I felt like I lost my identity.  People would ask me about my plans for the future and about my ''experiences'' as a missionary....and I just didn't know how to respond.  I was a full-time representative for the SAVIOR, Jesus Christ, and now all of the sudden I am representing....myself.  There is no comparison there!  I felt so insignificant.  I became shy. I didn't know how to share those precious moments from my mission that were so sacred to me....and had changed my life forever.   I could not let myself enjoy watching a movie, or listening to the radio.  All I could think about were all of the different ways Satan was trying to confuse us or sell us on his ideas that would drag us down.  

The ONLY place where I felt truly safe, and at home, was at the TEMPLE. 


 There were no temptations, no distractions, no confusion, no crude language or actions, and no worldliness whatsoever.  I felt peace.  I felt joy.  I felt the pure love of my Heavenly Father.  I felt needed as I gave my time to the work of the Lord.  I felt appreciated for the work I was doing.  I felt happy.

Its now been 2 months, and I continue to go to the Temple every week.  It is the only thing that brings me true happiness and meaning.  It is my second mission.  I know that I have been sent to earth to WORK, to BUILD the Kingdom of God.  In fact, everyone on this earth has been sent with that mission!!  We are children of GOD.  He loves us all so much and wants us to return to live in His presence.  I know that by going to the Temple, I become closer to my Savior, and my Father in Heaven, and I am given the opportunity to help my brothers and sisters come closer to Them as well.

I am grateful for the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know that God lives and that He has blessed us with a Prophet in these latter-days to guide us and direct us, just like He did in the past.  He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  He loves us more than we can comprehend.  He wants us to come unto Him, to follow His Son, Jesus Christ, and to become like Him.  We do that by learning His teachings, living them, and helping others to do the same.  This life is beautiful.  But it is not paradise.  It is our TEST.  It is our time to WORK.  It's no the time to live our dreams and get everything we have always wanted.  That time will come, along with NEVER-ENDING HAPPINESS.  But now is not the time.  Let us remember who we are and what we have been called here to do.  Let us save our brothers and sisters by sharing with them the truths of the Restored Gospel, and going to the temple.  

There is no greater joy than when you know you are working WITH the Lord, to do His work, and to bless His children.  :) :)




No comments:

Post a Comment