Monday, January 10, 2011

Night and Day

This is my favorite part of the year!  I LOVE change....more than anyone will ever know!!  I love new possibilities, new opportunities and new beginnings.   I love this time of year because I feel joined by millions of people who want to better their lives.  This is the time of year when people aren't afraid to recognize their weaknesses and resolve to overcome them.  It's the time when people dare to dream, set goals, and seek to reach their full potential.  I believe that everyone wants to be the best they can, but sometimes it's scary to change.  Thank goodness for new years for giving us that courage!

2010 was very bittersweet for me.  It was by far the hardest year of my life.  It was also the most rewarding.  I have never grown so much in all my life.  As I look back on the last 12 months, I literally can see my growth!  I am a completely different person than I was 365 days ago!  It's like night and day!!  I experienced my highest-highs, and my lowest-lows. This is my life...and I would not trade that for the world.

Some highlights from 2010:

Went on a (much needed) road-trip to St. George with my best friend in February
Had way too much fun with my roomies!!
Dug up graves with my family
(hahaha only kidding...we cleaned off my grandparents graves on Memorial Day! :)

Conquered my biggest regret by getting braces
Got my wisdom teeth out with my sister Kristie
Prego-photoshoot with Rachel
Who then made me an Auntie shortly after! :)
Saw Carried Underwood in concert
Tied up loose ends...
Gave a Book of Mormon to a non-member!
Kicked butt in school
Got balloons from random boys on our Girls Night Out
Acknowledged myself as an artist
Biggie-Mouse, Mini Mouse, and Itty-Bitty Mouse for Halloween with the sisters!
Went hot-tubbing in bubble bath
Received my mission call to Osorno, Chile!
Received my Endowment in the Timpanogos Temple, 
Was blessed with two incredible jobs,
and
Went to Disneyland
 (more Disneyland pics to come)

It doesn't seem like much....but it was one heck of a year! 
....in every sense of the phrase! ;) hahaha

Here is to 2011!  I am empowered with the reality of my agency and am so excited to use it to its fullest. 
"I am the designer of my destiny."
Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. That was fun to walk down your memory lane! I'm so excited for you to go on your mission. Make sure to post your mish address so I can send ya letters :)

    ReplyDelete