Sunday, January 23, 2011

Life is Beautiful

This last week I celebrated my 21st birthday!!!  
I LOVE GROWING UP!!!!!
(no really....I do!)
I love getting older! 
I've never liked being considered as one of the "young ones"
I always dream of of the next stage of my life,
and look forward to it, longingly!
So far being 21 has been amazing! :) hahaha
Most people don't feel any different on their birthdays.
its just another ordinary day, but with birthday cake and candles...

Well not me!  I feel like I am finally here!

I am amazed at my life, and so happy to see where it has brought me.
I have a wonderful family who loves me! We have such a strong love 
for one another. We are truly best friends!! They are the most amazing
people I have ever known and I am so blessed to be a part of something that great!
My parents are still love birds and it brings joy to my heart!

I have incredible friends who love me and accept me for who I am.
They have been great examples to me throughout my life, and I am so
lucky to call them my friends!

I have experienced some of the most incredible opportunities people only dream to have!
(literally...)

Above all, I have finally discovered my true self.
I have become the person I have always wanted to be.
I know my Father in Heaven lives.  I KNOW it!!
I know that I am His daughter, and that I have the potential to actually be like Him!
(Isn't that amazing?!?)
I know my purpose here on earth.  
I know that I have been given agency to choose for myself what kind of life I am going to live. 
I know that through the Atonement I am able to reach my potential, and be forgiven of my sins.

I don't know where I would be if I didn't know these truths.  
...but I am pretty sure I'd be searching for them.

How lucky am I to be able to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?  That is huge!  I am not only a representative of the Church...but a representative of Jesus Christ.  What a calling, huh?  I really hope I can make Him proud, and give my absolute all to the work.  At first I was pretty scared about the task ahead of me.  But that feeling is long gone.  I have no fear.  Even if I try to think of things that would scare me...it doesn't work.  I am at complete peace about my decision, because I know this is what the Lord wants me to do.  There is no greater feeling then when you feel like you are following the promptings of the spirit and fulfilling the Lord's Plan for you.

I have never been happier.
I could bet all the money in the world that I am the happiest girl here on Earth...
Life is beautiful. 

2 comments:

  1. You are so inspiring Rachel! I'm so proud of you! That is awesome that you are going to serve a mission and everyone that you are going to teach are pretty lucky! I am absolutely amazed by you and your testimony!

    ReplyDelete