Thursday, November 4, 2010

Leaps and Bounds

As of late, I have been in full swing in trying to tone up.
From Halloween till New Years is the easiest time for me to get in shape.
Why?
Because with so many treats available, I find it easier to stay clear from them.
...As apposed to the other 9 months of the year
when I welcome treats with a big chubby grin on my face...
:D

Well this year, besides trying to eat healthier,
I have also been making leaps and bounds of progess
on making exercise a part of my daily routine!

{ I have always stayed some-what active,
but I haven't really experienced the results my heart secretly longs for }

...Since being in my Nutrition 2010 class,
my teacher (basketball coach/weight-lifter/healthy man)
has ingrained into my head that...

 *The key to a lean, healthy body is...
weight lifting!

Seems kind of backwards, doesn't it?
I thought so!
I have an athletic build, and am always self-conscience that if I weight lift
I will get HUGE and not be cute and feminie.

This is not true.

I am amazed at how quickly I have seen results--
{ in my loose clothes and on the scale }
I am getting a cute and more feminie figure everyday!
Weight lifting is vital to losing fat!
MUSCLE BURNS CALORIES!

did you hear me?
The more muscle you have, the more calories your body will burn on its own...
aka = faster metabolism!

My daily routine will usually include one or both of my favorite work out videos:

The early 90's hit:
Synergetics
*12 minutes, 2x a day
* No sweating
*Fun to watch
(spandex leotards in bright colors)
*AMAZING RESULTS!
{ My family swears by this video!! It transformed my sisters'
pre-teen chub into teenage bombshell! ;)
I feel my body getting tighter and tighter after everytime I work out! }
{ man, doesn't this picture just make you want to work out?? :) }
.....

My second, and all time favorite is Chelen Johnsons':
Turbo Jam
*5 AMAZING work outs
-Learn & Burn
-20 min. Work Out
-Turbo Sculpt
-Cardio Party
-Ab Jam
{...sounds pretty fun, huh? ;)  My FAVORITE is
TURBO SCULPT
and AB JAM
:)
I am still trying to find love for Cardio Party.
...cardio is definitely not my kind of party...
yet. }
*Simple to do
*Time flies by
*...I may or may not want to cry sometimes...
*Sweatiest work out ever!!!
*QUICK RESULTS
{ Especially when you incorporate her eating guide! AhMazing!! :) }
{ Can't you just see how much FUN this work out is? ;) }

I highly suggest BOTH of these work out plans!

Synergetics: $3 used on Amazon.com
...pretty sure you can afford this little beauty...
(or it could possibly be in your mom's VHS collection at home)

Turbo Jam: $15.59 used on Amazon.com
That's a steal compared to what I paid for it!
This was my first ever informercial purchase :)
{ Very pleased with that decision, btw! }

Just thought I would share my happy thoughts with you all!
Start exercising and you can be happy, too!

"Exercise gives you endorphins,
endorphins make you happy!
Happy people just don't shoot their husbands.
...They just don't!"
Too true, Elle.
:)

Happy Holidays to you! 
Feel free to join me in staying away from too many treats,
and lets start shaping up!
:)

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm can you do all this for me? I want to but am just wayyy to lazy. I will hire you to get in shape on my behalf. Thank you and goodnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 56 years 'young' and have been doing Turbo Jam for 4 months - amazing and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete