Monday, November 1, 2010

Dumb Habits

I have some dumb habits...
one in particular is dominating my life at the moment.

I have the habit of keeping myself completely busy...all the time.
I LOOK for things to do, not out of boredom (I am usually pretty excited about the not-so-important task) but out of feeling that things need to get done. 

I don't know if this is anxiety...I don't know what I would be anxious about!

This bad habit is especially annoying at night time...
I don't let myself go to bed until I do a whole bunch of nothing!!
Like for real!  I find myself up SUPER late: cleaning/organizing...writing letters...goal setting...exercising...editing pictures...staring at my ever-changing teeth...freebreezing my room...reading...facebooking...blogging...reading other blogs...pretty much anything but sleeping.

THIS ISN'T HEALTHY!!!

IT IS RIDICULOUS!!!

Tonight I am doing my watercolor assignment.......but as I wait for the layers to dry, I feel the need to upload all of my CD's onto my iTunes...why??  Haha I have no clue!!!!  (And while I am waiting for that to upload, here I am blogging!)

{ sneak peak of the work in progress: washes + layers of masking = sooo fun }

I need some kind of chill pill!!  I don't like taking naps...I feel like they are a waste of time...because, OF COURSE, I should  be using that time to do some sort of job or project or ANYTHING!

I think it would be great to be OCD about doing homework...too bad that one hasn't caught on yet...

Well.  I am going to go finish my painting...and then go STRAIGHT TO BED! 
No more lolly-gagging...
{ Why in the world do we say "lolly-gagging"??? haha }

Wish me luck!!
And if you have any suggestions for me...I would love to hear them!!!


2 comments:

  1. well 1: I think you are a very good artist and you should keep that up.
    I have had the same problem in the past... and still feel myself doing the same thing sometimes even today. There are a few things that i do to keep myself feeling like i haven't wasted my day and also feeling like i don't have to do any more. These few and simple things are these:
    in the morning when you first wake up set out and write down the things in which you want to do that day and try to only accomplish those things. as you go put a check mark or whatever on the list or something so you feel like you've accomplished it (also try to only allow yourself to do one thing at a time) This will take awhile to get used to as your brain will keep wanting to do things but in the end you will feel like you got more out of your day and less stressed.
    Also Keep (like this blog) a journal that you can keep writing in so that you can put down your thoughts, feelings, or whatever else. (try to do this before bed but try not to do it for very long as it can become time consuming and start giving you stress) also try talking to people about different things that have happened to you that day.
    But ultimately the only thing that you can really do is tell yourself that you are working on something right then and its okay to take a break every once in awhile. (also find things that you enjoy doing that are also relaxing and dont really take time to do)
    also dont hesitate to ask anything else :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word, i am totally the same way!!! I am always tired but HATE naps but always ending staying up late.. I feel like I always do a lot of stuff but my "to do list" doesnt ever get smaller.

    ReplyDelete