Friday, October 29, 2010

"For I have been made new"


One year and one week ago, one of my best friends { Nate Last } was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  This was one of most amazing experiences I have ever witnessed.  
Last night we were listening to Owl City, when the song "Meteor Shower" came on.  He said that he heard this song for the first time a few days before he was baptized--and that he felt like it was about him.  

I had never heard this song before.  
So we listened to it...and I bawled as Nate sang out the words:


I can finally see 
that You're right there beside me

I am not my own, 
for I have been made new

Please don't let me go, 
I desperately need You

I am not my own, 
for I have been made new 

Please don't let me go, 
I desperately need You

 .........


The song is only 2:14 long, 
but it was one of the best 2 minutes and 14 seconds of my life!
If you haven't heard it...
go take 2 minutes and listen to it.

Try and imagine someone who has finally found what he has been missing/looking for.
Think of the excitement!
Think of the peace!
Think of the hope!
...then try not to cry...

:)

I love you Nate! 
I have ALWAYS looked up to you.  You are the most loving and accepting person I have ever met, and HANDS DOWN the HAPPIEST person I know!!! :)  I love that you idolize my dad's mustache, and are well on your way to having one just like it! ;)  You are one of the most talented people I know!  I am amazed by your creativity and skills!!  You have the BRIGHTEST future ahead of you!  I can't wait to see where life takes you!  Nate, you have brought so much life and happiness into my life!  I am so grateful to have you as my friend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment