Friday, February 11, 2011

Disciplined

I did not get around to transferring my photo's off this blog and onto my new one....meaning...I still don't have enough room to post new pictures.  That kinda sucks some fun out of blogging.  I love pictures so much!  They just bring life....to life! hahaha So, I'm sorry you have to read another picture-less post from me!  Hopefully I can get around to it tomorrow! :)  (I am trying to post more regularly...seeing as I wont be able to post for 18 months, starting in 33 days!!!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the first Sunday of every month I always take it as a great opportunity for me to give up something, or to try to gain a new habit, and really focus my efforts on something that will bring me closer to Christ.  This month I am working on DISCIPLINE.

I am soon going to be living a VERY structured life.  Wake up at 6:30...always, exercise for 30 minutes, hours of studying, teaching, preaching, serving, and in bed by 10:30... consistently, for a year and a half.  I always picture myself 19 months from now and try to think of the woman I am going to be.  It excites me sooooo much!  I am excited to gain these habits!  I am excited for my growth!  I am excited to be that much closer to reaching my potential!

After making a quite lengthy list of the woman I desire to be by the end of my mission...I got to thinking: "Rachel, why wait?  Be her now."  I looked back over my list and realized that I did not need to serve a mission to be this person!  I felt inspired to make a few adjustments in my daily schedule.  I felt inspired to be DISCIPLINED.

The first habit I need and truly want, is to be an early riser.  I want to be the girl that gets up every day at 6:30, opens her eyes with a burst of energy, pops out of bed, makes the bed immediately, (I have been doing pretty good at that one!)  pops on her cute 80's workout video (that I LOVE), and then completes most of the days to-do's before 10! :)  (In Preach My Gospel it states that the most important hours of the day are 6:30 am -10:00 am....and what you do in that time will greatly effect your success as a missionary...but I also think it applies to everyone! Something to think about!) 

Well in order for me to keep up this habit, I have to master another....go to bed by 10:30 each night....or in my case, 10:00.  Let me tell ya, it has been AMAZING!!!!  I know everyone's lives are different, so it might not work out for you to get to bed this early...but it is the best thing I have ever done!  This week has been productive and successful!!  Although when 6:30am roles around, I still feel all sorts of sleepy.  I am hoping that it is just something that my body needs to get used to and that one day I wont feel tired anymore! :)

This life is all about self-mastery (control or restraint of oneself or one's actions, feelings...).  No one can change us, live life for us, or make us become a certain way.  We choose our lives.  We choose how to live them.  I hope that as I focus on becoming more disciplined, I will be able to overcome many weaknesses in my life.  What an exciting thought! :)

Here's to a month of DISCIPLINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment