Wednesday, February 2, 2011

the reality of today.

I am sitting with my 6th graders today, when my stomach loudly reminds me that I didn't feed her this morning.  I told her to hang in there till lunch....

Lunch time finally came!  I quickly got back to my desk, opened my storage cabinet...intending to find my lovely home-packed lunch.  But the reality of my mistake made my tummy growl.  I LEFT IT AT HOME!!!

What's a girl to do?

A. Eat the skittles you bought for your students in the after-school program.
B. Eat the microwave popcorn that's in the cupboard. 
C. Eat the last Krispy Kreme doughnut in the box on the faculty table.
D. All of the above.

To my dismay....I selected D.
hahaha Oh my goodness.  Has anyone has a sugar headache before??  Skittles, popcorn (movie theater butter style), and a warm glazed doughnut for my lunch....Yes, I am training to be the next contestant on the Biggest Loser.  Feel free to tune in next season! ;)

I think my stomach was more angry with me after I ate, than she would have been if I would have let her starve for a few more hours.  Lesson learned!!

P.S. Don't worry....I saved some skittles for my after-school students. :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment